Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) hereby invites stakeholders in development and industry players to its forthcoming 25th. Annual LAPO Development Forum, 2018.
THEME: Towards Sustainable Socio-Economic Transformation of Nigeria: Options for Non-State Intervention
DATE: 24th August, 2018
VENUE: Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos State
TECHNICAL SESSION: 9:00am
Initiated in 1994, the LAPO Development Forum provides a veritable platform for critical stakeholders to deliberate and proffer practicable solutions to identified issues in poverty and development in Nigeria. The Forum, which consists of high-profile plenary lectures and technical sessions, has become a faculty of development in its own right. Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo and Prof. Pat Utomi are among eminent personalities who have delivered key papers at the Forum in the past.
This year, Former Petroleum Minister, Chief Philip Asiodu will chair the occasion while Mike Obadan, a renowned Professor of Economics at the University of Benin and a Non-Executive Director of the Central Bank of Nigeria will deliver the keynote paper. Over three hundred (300) personalities are expected at the Forum. They are drawn from Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, International Development Agencies, the academia, financial sector, the Civil Society and the media.
The main objectives of the 25th Annual LAPO Development Forum are:
- To assess the extant role of Non-State Actors (NSAs) in national development.
- To examine the effectiveness of NSAs in engendering the socio-economic advancement of Nigeria.
- Provide opportunity for government, the private sector and Non-State Actors (NSAs) to deliberate on strategies to address Nigeria’s developmental challenges.
- To identify the way forward for NSAs in achieving sustainable economic growth and development of Nigeria.
- A well documented and publicized report containing presentations, discussions, major conclusions and recommendations capable of stimulating sustainable socio-economic transformation in Nigeria.
- Implementation of existing policies capable of driving Nigeria’s economic growth and development.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- NGOs/Civil Society Organizations
- Government officials and Agencies
- Local and International Non-Governmental Organizations
- Policy Makers and Regulatory Agencies
- Domestic and international donor & funding agencies
- Development Banks and Multinational corporations
- Trade Groups and Professional Associations
- International and regional inter-governmental organisations
- Multi-lateral and bi-lateral Organisations
- Commercial, Microfinance Banks and Institutions
- Foreign missions in Nigeria
- The Academia.
A healthy and informed society characterized by prosperity, justice and equity.
For more info, kindly contact:
Chairperson, Planning Committee
Tel: 07063830134, 08156818121
Secretary, Planning Committee
Tel: 08163706505, 07051192297
Member, Planning Committee
Tel: 08066907011, 09053778733
LAPO Place, No. 18, Dawson Road, P.M.B 1729, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
Website: www.lapo-ngo.org. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org