Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) hereby invites stakeholders in development and industry players to its forthcoming 26th. Annual LAPO Development Forum, 2019.
VENUE: International Conference Centre, Central Business District, Abuja .
TECHNICAL SESSION: 10:00am.
This year, the Forum shall be chaired by Prof. Charles Soludo, former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and member of the Federal Government Economic Advisory Council while Prof. Omokhoa Adeleye, a Professor of Public Health and community Medicine, University of Benin and a consultant Public Health and community Physician with the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City will deliver the keynote lecture.
Over 300 distinguished personalities including members of the National Assembly, cabinet ministers, policy makers, Civil Society Organizations, health practitioners, and International Development Organisations are expected at the Conference. Gen. Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR are among prominent personalities who have delivered key papers at the Forum in the past with very useful inputs from key stakeholders.
The theme of the first edition of the Annual LAPO Development Forum held in 1994 was “The Nigerian Economy and the Poor: 1984-1994.” Discussions and conclusions at this session reinforced our belief that sustainable approach to poverty alleviation must go beyond charity and directed at strengthening income capacity of the poor. Subsequent editions of the Forum addressed pertinent issues.
The 2019 Annual LAPO Development Forum is an auspicious platform for policy makers and critical stakeholders to dissect and provide workable solutions to the multifarious issues and challenges bedevilling healthcare delivery system in Nigeria, which has compromised citizens’ productivity and by extension Nigeria’s economic growth. Over three hundred (300) personalities including members of the National Assembly, cabinet ministers, government officials and policy makers, health administrators and practitioners, Civil Society Organizations, International Development Agencies and the academia are expected to grace the Forum.
Initiated in 1994, the Annual LAPO Development Forum has become a faculty of development in its own right. The Forum consists of high-profile plenary lectures and technical sessions with inputs from key sectors of the economy. It has stimulated discourse on the development agenda in Nigeria and Africa over the years with very realistic solutions canvassed by guest lecturers and conferees. Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo and Prof. Pat Utomi Chief Philip Asiodu are among prominent personalities who have delivered key papers at the Forum in the past.
The theme of the first edition of the Annual LAPO Development Forum held in 1994 was “The Nigerian Economy and the Poor: 1984-1994.” Discussions and conclusions at this session reinforced our belief that sustainable approach to poverty alleviation must go beyond charity and directed at strengthening income capacity of the poor. Subsequent editions of the Forum addressed pertinent issues. #LAPOFORUM.
Initiated in 1994, the Forum has become a rallying point for discussions and viable solutions to identified issues in poverty and development in Nigeria. The 2019 LAPO Forum is an auspicious platform for critical stakeholders to dissect and provide workable solutions to the multifarious issues and challenges bedevilling health delivery system in Nigeria.
The main objectives of the 26th Annual LAPO Annual Development Forum are:
- To examine the state and challenges inhibiting healthcare service delivery in Nigeria
- To provide workable solutions to healthcare service delivery in Nigeria
- To examine the capacity and effectiveness of health institutions in Nigeria.
- Provide opportunity for government, the private sector and research institutions to deliberate on strategies to address Nigeria’s healthcare delivery challenges.
- To identify the way forward for healthcare service delivery in Nigeria.
- A well documented and publicized report containing presentations, discussions, major conclusions and recommendations capable of stimulating sustainable socio-economic transformation in Nigeria.
- Implementation of new and existing policies capable of driving the growth and development of the Nigeria health sector.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- NGOs/Civil Society Organizations
- Members of the National Assembly
- Cabinet Ministers
- Policy Makers and Regulatory Agencies
- Health & Insurance Agencies
- Health Research Institutes
- Local and International Non-Governmental Organizations
- Development Banks and Multinational corporations
- Trade Groups and Professional Associations
- Foreign missions in Nigeria
- The Academia.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ANNUAL LAPO DEVELOPMENT FORUM
- The Annual LAPO Development Forum has over the years provided stakeholders the needed platform to interact and proffer realistic solutions to the crucial problem of poverty and under-development in Nigeria
- Ideas generated from previous editions of the Forum have improved the programme focus and delivery methodology of development organizations including LAPO.
- Key resolutions at Annual LAPO Development Forums have inputted into national poverty reduction programmes of various tiers of government.
The leading institution enabling prosperity, excellent health and social justice in Africa
Chairperson, Planning Committee
Tel: 07063830134, 08156818121
Secretary, Planning Committee
Tel: 08163706505, 07051192297
Member, Planning Committee
Tel: 08066907011, 09053778733
LAPO Place, No. 18, Dawson Road, P.M.B 1729, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
Website: www.lapo-ngo.org. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org